Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

Microsoft Kinect is no trackpad...

The more I read about people's experience with Microsoft Kinect - its recent hardware add-on to its Xbox gaming-platform, the more I get the impression that this is the future of interfaces. While Apple's Magic trackpad seems to me like a sound from the past, this "controller hub -- which features an RGB camera, three sensors (one depth sensor, one motion sensor, and one multi-array microphone) -- tracks full-body movement, facial expression, and voice with a precision" appears to me as the real deal . Sci-Fi as it sounds, this is the intuitive hands-free interface one could have only dreamt about up until now.

I'm seriously thinking about buying Xbox + Kinect for myself, this coming Hanukkah.

No comments:

Post a Comment