Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Microsoft Kinect is here

Microsoft Kinect, a product I've shared my enthusiasm about in the past, is here, and others seem to agree with me, that it is a part of the moves that will help put Microsoft back on track. I must say, though, that I hate that pun about Kinecting the dots, Kinecting people, etc. Some puns should be left untouched. Have some dignity, people!

[update: mid november 2010 - a press release from microsoft tells that Kinect for Xbox 360 has hit the Million Mark after 10 Days. Microsoft estimates that it will hit 5 million by the end of the year.
A word of warning for anyone seriously considering purchasing this (and I am one of those):  pay attention to this quote from the press release: "Microsoft also recently announced that the more than 25 million Xbox LIVE members have spent more than 1 billion hours on the service a month, an average of over 40 hours per member."
40 hours a month !
oh, well... at least kinect games make people move more than the traditional gaming arenas... ]

No comments:

Post a Comment