Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hiring frenzy in California... when is it called a Bubble and when is it a real Growth burst?

LA Times reports a high-tech hiring frenzy in California. As much as one is happy hearing about the signs of economic recovery in the Golden State, one cannot avoid the internal whispering - these were the signs of the last high-tech bubble,  developing .

I can add a personal testimony, from my own experience here in Israel - even though I've been working on a few startups of my own in recent years, and haven't sent my resume to recruiting agencies for quite some time now, I keep getting phone calls with job offers relating to one of my previous IT roles (DBA, Sys Admin, Programmer, etc, etc...)

So, as far as my intuition goes, I suspect (and fear) that the bubble trends of 1997-1999 are back in development.

If only I had a crystal ball and could tell just if it is really a bubble and WHEN will the bubble burst...

No comments:

Post a Comment