Sometimes the users are the ones to request help with the network nuisance known as facebook... (Don't get me wrong. Sometimes Facebook is great. But sometimes it is frustrating to discover how much of a resource sink it actually is).
And thus I found myself answering the question: how to limit my exposure to facebook during working hours?
The quick and easy reply:
Assuming you are using google chrome (and if you are not, why not?), there is a very easy and efficient method to block access to certain websites, either completely, or in certain times and days -
- Install Chrom's Block-site extension
- Configure the extension as you wish -
- Click its icon (the no-entry icon among the extensions icons)
- under "blocked sites", define those websites whose usage you wish to limit
- under "active days×" choose the website, define time-frame and add.
That's it. the interface is very intuitive and the extension gets right to work...
I know that other people prefer other chrome extensions. Others won't touch chrome and are willing to go to war on behalf of another browser. If you are one of the supporters of Chrome's Stay- focused or of a completely different solution - why don't you talk-back about it and tell us all about its merits?